Saturday, September 6, 2008

Owls

I went to the St. Louis Art Fair today; what a beautiful day it was too. As always I find inspiration in nearly every booth and I am humbled and reminded that my entire being is only as crafty as these folks are in their tiny little pinky. As always, I find recurring themes at the art fairs each year. After all, it can only be called contemportary if it keeps evolving and staying current. This year's most recurring motif had to be birds -- mostly swallows and wrens but my daughter was so pleased to see that owls were also a popular subject matter.
She loves them -- all of them. The great horned owl, the eastern screech owl, the snow owl, the barn owl, and especially, her all time favorite, the barred owl. We've done birthday cakes...




...and we've recycled old thrift store finds...




...and the mini cards we've made (3"x3")...



...and the pajama's we just had to have from Target...

---to the piece of art that we purchased today at the fair...


Piece done by Dolan Geiman -- I love that he's green in his art by reycling materials, in how he produces and how he ships his work.


http://www.dolangeiman.com/
http://www.dolangeiman.etsy.com/




1 comment:

Crazypatch said...

gorgeous, I love owls